Abraham Stouffer’s house was originally built in 1767, but the house has gone through multiple modifications in the last two centuries.
This extension on the back of the house was probably added in the 1800s.
An interesting inscription now erected on the east side of the house is dated to 1767, with an additional note in 1844. The left side of the inscription reads:
The right hand side reads:
JOSEPH & SUS-
FER. AD 1844