York County Research:
- Eslinger, A.N., Local History of Dillsburg, PA, 1902, in Internet Archive, http://www.archive.org/stream/localhistoryofdi00esli/localhistoryofdi00esli_djvu.txt
- “The Quaker Province: 1681-1776,” Pennsylvania General Assembly, (25 April 2011) http://www.legis.state.pa.us/wu01/vc/visitor_info/pa_history/II.htm
- “Brief Township History,” Monaghan Township York County, Pennsylvania, 2009, http://monaghantownship.com/history.asp
- “History of Franklin Township,” Franklin Township Website, http://www.franklintownship.org/history.html
- Francis, Kathy, “Estate Records,” York County, PA USGenWeb Archives, 2011, http://www.usgwarchives.net/pa/york/estate.htm
- “York County Archives: Deed Books (1749-1912) Grantee Index 1749-1912 S Given Name A-D,” York County Archives, York County Government, 2008, http://www.yorkcountyarchives.org/searchDeeds.asp
- George R. Prowell. History of York County Pennsylvania (J. H. Beers & Co.: Chicago, 1907), 137-138.
- Charlotte and David Yue. Shoes: Their History in Pictures and Words (Houghton Mifflin Company: Boston, 1997), 42-44, 59-65
- D. A. Saguto “From Medieval to Machine Age – A Revolution in Shoemaking” (presentation, Costume Accessories: Head to Toe Conference, Williamsburg, VA, March 12-16, 2011)
- Giorgio Riello and Peter McNeil, eds., Shoes: A History from Sandals to Sneakers (Berg: New York, 2006)
- Jeannette Lasansky, Central Pennsylvania Redware Pottery, 1780-1904 (Keystone Books, 1979),
- James Deetz, In Small Things Forgotten: An Archaeology of Early American Life (Anchor Books: New York, 1996)
- “Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture: York County Celebrates Preservation of 30,000 Acres of Farmland, State Adds More Land to Program,” 12 Oct. 2006, (25 April 2011) http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/690454/pennsylvania_department_of_agriculture_york_county_celebrates_preservation_of_30000/2011)
- Long, Amos Jr., The Pennsylvania German Family Farm, Penn. German Society: 1972
- Eric Ledell Smith, “Agriculture in Pennsylvania” Historic Pennsylvania Leaflet No. 44 (Harrisburg: Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, 2001).
- The York County Agricultural Land Preservation Board, “Preserving York County Agricultural Processes,” http ://www.york-county.org/gov/auth/agri.htm (25 April 2011)
- Pensack, Bill. “Colonial Pennsylvanian Mills.” Medieval Technologay and American History. Penn State University. Web. 27 Apr. 2011. http://www.engr.psu.edu/mtah/essays/colpamills.htm>.
- Lila Fourhman- Shaull, Millers’ Tales: The Mills of York County (York, PA: York County Heritage Trust, 2010),
- Zimiles, Martha, and Murray Zimiles. Early American Mills. New York: Bramhall House, 1973
- Lord, Arthur C.. Water-powered grist mills, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania . Millersville? Pa.: A.C. Lord, 1996
- Voaden, Grant H., Index of Old Mills in York County, PA. (York County Heritage Trust Library and Archives, 1975),
- Grant Voden, “The Grant Voden Mill Collection.” (Unpublished Collection, York)
- Thomas Schaefer and Paul S. Wolfgang, Patterns: Past and Future (York, PA: York Graphic Services, Inc.), 58.
- York County Heritage Trust, http://www.yorkheritage.org/business_researchFIND.asp (May 1, 2011): on Jacob Stouffer who was milling in 1812-1825
- Blacksmith Shop Practice, Second Edition, Machinery’s Reference Book no. 61, Industrial Press, Publisher of Machinery, Machinery, New York:1910
- Ed. by Vernon S. Gunnion and Carrol J. Hopf, The Blacksmith (Artisan Within the Early Community), Pennsylvania Farm Museum of Laudis Valley, Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, PA: 1972
- John D. Tyler, “Introduction,” in The Blacksmith: Artisan within the Early Community: An Exhibition of his Work at The Pennsylvania Farm Museum of Landis Valley, 1972-1973, ed. Vernon S. Gunnion and Carroll J. Hopf (Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission: Harrisburg, 1976),
- Brumbaugh, Martin Grove. A History of the German Baptist Brethren in Europe and America. Mount Morris: Brethren Publishing House, 1899.
- Zooks Family. “The History of Hex Signs.” http://www.padutch.com/hexsigns.shtml (accessed May 1, 2011).
- “Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Signs.” http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~aferm/pennsylvania/hex.htm