Welcome to the Stouffer Farm Online Resource
The Stouffer Farm is located in Franklin Township, Pennsylvania, 7 miles south of Dillsburg, between Route 15 and Route 194. The farm was founded in 1767 by Abraham Stouffer and has subsequently gone through phases of modification and additions. Since 2010, Messiah College Department of History and the Oakes Museum of Natural History have been researching the history of the property and the Stouffer family through archaeological fieldwork, archival research, history courses, and educational programs like the Curator Club of the Oakes Museum. We thank Ms. Diane Phillips, owner of the farm, for collaborating with us in this endeavor, as well as all the many students and children who have spent some time at the Big Dig.